Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dan's big hit

The elbow with 4 stitches and the bum swollen shoulder
The happy victim, I mean patient
The bloody knees
The other road rash arm


So I get a phone call last night about 10:55pm from a cell phone I don't recognize; it was Dan. He told me he needed me to come pick him up and I should call our good friend Mandy to come watch Drake. So not knowing why I made the phone call and Mandy came right over. I found Dan in the median of Redwood road with a couple of guys standing nearby and two cars traveling opposite directions pulled over with hazards flashing. I flip around, park the car, and some guy comes walking toward me carrying Dan's bike. As he is putting it on the bike rack and Dan is hobbling toward me the guy tells me that Dan just got hit by a car. Dumbfounded I just looked at Dan and said something stupid like 'you just got hit by a car!'. So we get the guys insur info and I keep asking if we should call the police but no one really says anything. I load Dan up in the car and hurry to the house to grab my purse and ask Mandy if she can stay while we head to the ER.

We get to the ER and they immediatly take him back, strip him down, and start the morphine. Of course Dan has a unique sense of humor and the doctor looked at me and asked if that was how he usually is or if she should be concerned about head trauma, I let her know that it was just him. Dan took everything in stride and had a great attitude. Well they took him and did xrays, put stitches in his elbow, scrubbed all his road rash to get the asphalt out, and I called the police. They sent an officer and he took all the other guys info and took Dan's statement. He also called CSI and they came and took some pictures of his injuries.

After all this fun they wrapped him up and sent us out with prescriptions, a referal to an orthopedic surgeon, and a request he come back in 48hours to make sure there is no infections. We got home about 3:30am and sent wonderful Mandy home. Today has been filled with calling insurances and getting Dan on disablity for work.

Needless to say it has been a very exciting few hours. And I so look forward to all the crap that will be coming with all the insurance companies. Yahoo! Oh and all those great poopy diapers that me, myself, and I will be changing for the next few weeks.

5 comments:

Chanell said...

Holy Cow! I hope he's ok. That is super scary. Funny what the doctor said though. I hope you feel better soon Dan!

Lynden and Lyndsay said...

darc!!!! that totally sucks! i am glad that dan is ok- hopefully he feels better soon!! let me know if you need anything!!!!

The Facers said...

Whoa! I hope all that fun insurance stuff doesn't last long and Dan feels better to help with those diapers! ha. But really, I hope he feels better.

The Facers said...

Hey we are going to head up there for the reunion. You guys going to be there?

The Facers said...

Nope, we are representing the DLP clan for this one. But we are excited to see you guys. We are coming up Fri. and staying at grandma's where your parents are also I think. We can't wait!