Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm having the time of my life

Smiling before Night Infiltration Course
Should have done this training during summer. BRRRRRR!

NCO quizzing me. Notice he has pringles. no sharing allowed.


Leadership Development Course. Fat chaplains and balance obstacles DO NOT work well together

FUN! FUN! FUN! Exhausting but fun.


The hardest part for me is not the physicality of the exersize, it is keeping my mouth shut when a sarcstic NCO taunts me.




"Chaplains do not carry weapons so we have chaplain assistants who go through training to protect the president (chaplain). Essentially they shoot for two and act as our shield during fire. They are the true warriors.



Me crying and gagging after being released from the CS Gas chamber. Tear gas is not fun to inhale, choke on, or gag with. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!


The confidence course is a lot of rappelling, cargo net climbing, and rope bridge negotiating. The soldiering aspect of the military is energizing and fun. Most enjoyable if I do say so myself.





The donning of the beret is an incredibly spiritual experience. Trying to verbalize the emotions of completing the soldiering phase of chaplain basic training is challenging. The American flag and U.S. Constitution have become so much more than they used too. I am proud to be an American. This picture is supposed to represent that I am now Army strong. No tuff guy stare from me though, remember, I am a chaplain.

God Speed

No comments: