Monday, October 6, 2008

St. George

Drake waiting for the start

Everyone waiting for the start

Eric, McKenna, and Drake watching the Parade

Mom and Hailey in the parade

After the race

These past couple of weekends we have been down in St George. Swiss days was Sept 27 and of course everyone participated in the 5k. Well everyone that is except Dan. He had to stay in Salt Lake, he had planned a UPS golf tournament and felt like he needed to stay since he put it together. So everyone minus Dan. We had a great time.


Dan two miles from the end

At the end of race, family photo

Dan wants Drake to get a taste for running so he can have a running partner cuz heaven knows I'm no partner


Dan finishing the race

For conference weekend we were in St George for the Marathon. This was Dan's third time running the marathon. He spent Friday night at my Grandparents home which is a few hundred feet from the starting line. That way he doesn't have to get up super early to catch a bus. The last couple of marathons I have stayed there with him, but with Drake this time I decided to just stay with my parents and see him at the 24 mile mark and then the finish. About the time Dan got to the starting line it started to rain, and that rain continued through out the length of the race. He said that the rain probably helped him from cramping and such. He does enjoy Running it for some reason so I believe he will continue to do it. We love to go to St George and wished we could live closer so we could make it there to visit more often.

3 comments:

Chanell said...

I love Swiss Days- how fun! I didn't know Dan was a marathoner- you married a crazy guy!- No, that is awesome that he's ran it three times. I'm very impressed. Drake is getting so big and is so dang cute.

Julie Poll said...

Hey Darci. I found your blog through Michelle's blog. Your family is so cute. How long have you guys been in Salt Lake?

Kristi Sue Fulton said...

So fun!! One day, I might be crazy like him. Oh hey, I tagged you on my blog!